Sunday, March 1, 2009

Other stuff and another poem...not mine!

I saw the elementary librarian on Friday who was in a very big rush...sort of like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. She did take time to tell me how much she enjoys GD 1-2. She is in a reading group after school and apparently she has won the heart of the librarian. Hmmmm...I was not a bit surprised! She has mine too.
Today was the Stake Conference from SLC. Elder Edgley of the Presiding Bishopric read this poem:

I Walked A Mile With Pleasure

I walked a mile with Pleasure,
She chatted all the way;
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow,
And ne'er a word said she;
But, oh! The things I learned from her,
When sorrow walked with me.

Robert Browning Hamilton

How true it is. I think you even learn more of Pleasure when Sorrow is your teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment